Thanks for that quote, Hans Christian Andersen.
Often times when you first meet someone, you try to find things you have in common with them. One of the first things that pops into my mind is music. Music, in my opinion, is a huge part of what makes us who we are as human beings. In this post, I’ll be talking a little bit about my music taste. Fair warning though, it’s all over the place. There’s no one genre I stick to. Without further ado, let’s begin! Song titles will be in blue.
What song am I listening to right at this moment? “I Wouldn’t Mind“ by He is We.
What are my top ten played songs according to iTunes?
- “The Schuyler Sisters“ by the Hamilton Original Broadway Cast
- “Tonight“ by Seether
- “Work from Home“ by Fifth Harmony
- “Cruisin’ California“ by The Offspring
- The Nightcore version of “Haven’t Had Enough“ by Mariana’s Trench
- “Stupid For You“ by Waterparks (Happy birthday, Awsten!)
- “Satisfied“ from the Hamilton Mixtape
- “Fire Water Burn” by The Bloodhound Gang
- “You’re Welcome” by Dwayne Johnson, from “Moana”
- “Team” by Krewella
What is my top skipped song according to iTunes? “Turning Into You” by The Offspring.
I found a questionnaire about music online, and I’ll be answering some of the questions from it now. It’s kinda cool, and it made me think.
- What do you think music is? I think music is a form of art, through which humans can communicate. Instrumental music, to me, is one of the most basic forms of this communication. I sang a song in choir once and a line stated “music is a universal language, freely spoken by one and all”. That always stuck with me.
- How often do you usually listen to music? I listen to music every day, there’s barely a day I don’t. Most nights I have my iPod playing music through the entire night.
- When you want to listen to music you use… My iPod Classic! It has 160GB of storage, and it’s about the only piece of Apple technology I tolerate. There’s 1,236 songs on it currently. Other than that, I also use YouTube.
- Where do you prefer listening to music? In my room, right now. When I drive, I play music as well. I love listening to music while I drive.
- Have you ever been to a concert? Yes! I have seen Courage My Love, All Time Low, A Day To Remember, and Blink-182.
- What is your favorite musical instrument? Trumpet or cornet.
- Do you play any musical instrument? If yes, which one? Heck yeah. I play trumpet, cornet, euphonium, trombone, tuba, and a little ukulele and flute.
- Can you express your feelings with music? If so, how? Absolutely. There’s music for everything. I don’t know why I do it, but when I’m sad I listen to sad music. My go-to sad song is “Little Do You Know“ by Alex & Sierra. There’s happy music. There’s music to get you energized. There’s honestly music for everything. It’s up to the person to decide what they listen to, when.
- Is there a song that’s special to you? There’s a couple. “If It Means a Lot To You“ by A Day To Remember is one of them. It was the first song ever introduced to me by the band, and I used to sing it all the time as a middle school student. “Starboy” by the Weeknd is another. This is because when I was in Ohio in December, any time Michelle and I would go somewhere, it was on the radio. We’d send each other messages whenever it came on the radio. It became our song. “Chandelier” by Sia is another one I’ll mention. I’ll just leave it at “2015 OHWG Encampment girls’ barracks” as to why it’s special. Lastly, the Christmas song “Greensleeves“.
- Is there a particular song you don’t like? It’s not necessarily… not liking… but the song “Chasing Cars” by Snow Patrol just upsets me. I can’t listen to it. I used to hate Aerosmith’s “Janie’s Got a Gun“, but it’s now a song that I like to listen to.
- What song would you recommend to someone in a tough situation? I’d recommend “Never Too Late“ by Three Days Grace and “Rise Above This“ by Seether. Possibly “Your Guardian Angel“ by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus depending on the person and situation.
Alright. I think that’s enough for tonight. I should try to sleep. Here’s a quick January goal update: Goal 2; eat healthier, has been achieved. So has Goal 6; keep my email organized. It’s a decent start.
I’ll leave off with another quote-
“Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can’t.” ― Johnny Depp
Peace out, girl scouts. That’s the end of this JAMboree. (Ha?)