No, but april may.
I’m sure you’re all thinking it: “Can this lion girl stop with the puns already? No, sorry.
February has been a crazy month, full of weekends busier than the weekdays and restless nights. Jumping head-first back into the school thing after being away for a semester is a lot harder than I thought it would be. And I’m still not a morning person.
It’s midterm week and somehow I’m still surviving; I got an A on my aeronautics midterm and I didn’t fail psychology so that’s pretty neat. I still wonder why I actually took psych this semester. Chemistry sounds way more fun. Oh well, we’ll get there.
School is super stressful. And then here I am, adding harder classes into my roadmap. Am I ever content? Probably not. I just want to learn everything about everything.
So, before I ramble on any longer about literally everything I’m attempting to balance right now, let’s check in on February’s goals.
February 2k19 – Goals
- Organize my apartment and make everything look nice
- It’s going well! There’s still some laundry and stuff in places, but I finally carried all the recycling down and it’s starting to feel like mine. I’ve had a couple people over and may even be hosting a group of friends soon, and it’s just so nice to be able to do that. I should possibly finally get a living room rug and some more seating though. If anyone wants to buy me a bean bag chair, I won’t argue.
- Run and walk more
- I went to the rec center like.. once? I do walk way more, though. This goal is going to stick around, most likely. I need to find motivation, and time.
- Do dishes immediately after using them
- This has been going crazy well. My sink is always clean and I wash all my dishes regularly. It’s such a great feeling, and I’d 110% recommend trying this at home.
- Cook at home for every meal feasible
- This has been decent. I haven’t gone out as much as I did earlier in the year (sorry Arby’s, I’m no longer single-handedly funding you). At some point in life I’m getting groceries, and I’m starting the clean eating diet. Whole grains! Non-processed foods! Fresh fruits and vegetables! I’ll let y’all know how that goes.
- Sleep routinely
- HahahahHAHA oops
- Apply for scholarships
- Check. (was that a pun? maybe? idk someone give me a check)
- Clean my car
- It was clean, UNTIL IT SNOWED AGAIN.
- Be the best coach I can be for the robotics students
- The Miami Valley Regional is next week, and it slowly feels like everything is creeping up on me. Am I forgetting something? Is everything going to go wrong? I need to read the game manual like six more times. At least I finally know the students’ names. I need to really know what every part of the robot does. I need to be there for the team. This is fine (please see meme above).
February has been quite the ride, in case that wasn’t already clear through my goals. Stop Build Day for robotics came and went, I attended the Ohio Celebration of Women in Computing, and we held encampment staff selections. It’s been a crazy whirlwind of driving robots into walls, a resort from the 70s, and a lot of conference calls.
I also officially transferred to my new squadron in CAP, and it’s been an absolutely wonderful time working with the members. Attendance was the highest I’ve seen it last night; with five cadets and myself attending. Yes, it’s a small squadron. But it’s already been great for me. A 15 minute drive to meetings is lovely.
Alright, let’s set some goals for March. March has always been one of my favorite months. I’m not really sure why. It’s just got such a happy feeling. Hopefully this year is the same way.
- Eat clean, as much as I can.
- Drink more water! Lots of water!
- Learn more about FRC and robotics in general.
- Study more for psychology, programming, and database management.
- Exercise. (Walk. Run. Lift. etc.)
- Refresh on CAP regulations.
- Organize my Google Drive(s) and other external storage.
- Take good notes and use my new planner often.
- Go to sleep and wake up at a regular time each day.
- Finalize shelves and hanging decor in my apartment.
Let’s do great things this month. Thanks for a great February… Here’s to March!