Hello there, lovely reader!
My name, well, that’s not really important right now. You can call me “E”. I’m a young woman from Ohio, but I was born and raised 4,426 miles away in the Netherlands.
I’m just an ordinary girl with a love for learning and teaching others. My Hogwarts House is Slytherin, I play a plethora of instruments, and I’m a First Lieutenant in the Civil Air Patrol (the United States Air Force Auxiliary).
I’m passionate about STEM education and leadership. My hobbies include music, writing, photography, and driving. I also enjoy reading, blogging, horseback riding, and any and all things to do with computers, from security to networking.
I have done an internship with NASA, at the Johnson Space Center. I lived in Houston, Texas for a semester, and I loved it. My project was working with LTE, and I got to do all sorts of cool NASA things including work with the cutest little CubeSat and meet some astronauts.
I love cats, dogs, rabbits, hamsters, and horses. My cat’s name is Evangeline. My favorite composition is Gustav Holst’s First Suite in Eb. Second Suite in F is a close second. My friends are often my sanity and blogging is my release. Last, I’ll give a quick shout-out to Alex, my editor and best friend, for putting up with my spelling and grammar mistakes.
Some random fun facts about me:
- My hair has been pink, blue, black, red, and auburn. It’s naturally blonde.
- I’ve gone 120 mph in my beloved ’04 Volkswagen Jetta, named Sven.
- I have my CDL and drive big buses (and sometimes little buses).
- I always wear a silver ring on my right ring finger.
- I hate grape flavoring and anything tomato (yes, this includes ketchup).
- I’m allergic to seafood and dairy.
- I met Phoenix from the band Courage My Love in a bathroom at a concert.
- I saw Waterparks from the front row at their hometown headliner concert on December 2nd, 2018 and met them in Cleveland on December 4th, 2019.
- I really like my bamboo plant. It’s traveled all over Ohio.
- I guess my favorite color is red and my favorite food is cantaloupe.
You can contact me at shebecamealion(at)gmail.com. Have fun with that one, bots.
If you want to know more about me, well, there is always the “All About Me” category on the blog.
“Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.”