It’s 11 October and as you all probably know: I turn 19 on the 19th. With that being said, I’m going to do a fun little thing every day I get the chance to blog. Today I’ll start by answering some questions about myself.
Let’s see how that goes!
1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
If we start when I was super young, I’ve had a few nicknames. “Weasel”, “Maddie”, “Blonde One”, and “Nikki”. All of them have some sort of backstory, but we’ll save that for another time. I prefer being called my actual name.
2. What books on your shelf are begging to be read?
THAT DAMN JAMES PATTERSON SERIES
3. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like?
Lol, I just had to do a sketch for class and it looked like something a cat coughed up
4. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and Turn? Try to get up and do something productive?
I lay and self-loathe, let’s be honest here
5. How many days could you last in solitary confinement? How would you do it?
All the days. I’d write a lot.
6. Do you save old greeting cards and letters? Throw them away?
I have notes from middle school still if that answers the question…
7. Who is the biggest pack rat you know?
Pack rat? Like, has a lot of stuff? Probably myself. Y’all should see the trunk of my car. You could easily camp for two weeks with everything in my car.
8. When making an entrance in to a party, do you make your presence known? Do you slip in and look for someone you know? Do you sneak in quietly and find a safe spot to roost?
I don’t go to parties. I don’t enter.
9. What is your strongest sense? If you had to give one up, which would it be?
My strongest sense? Probably hearing. My sense of smell already sucks, so you can take that one.
10. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
11. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
HAHAHAHA That animals would think my fingers were carrots and eat them. I was afraid of petting zoos for this reason until like… last year.
12. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
Sleeping? I dunno. I don’t feel guilty about anything. It’s my life.
13. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know?
14. How often do you read the newspaper? Which paper? Which sections?
Like, once for my Media, Power, and Culture class.
15. Which animals scare you most? Why?
SPIDERS ALL THE WAY BECAUSE THEY’RE GROSS AND BASICALLY COME STRAIGHT FROM HELL
16. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head-on?
I’m not going to avoid a conflict to spare someone’s feelings, if that’s the question. There’s so many ways to resolve a conflict I don’t see why “engage head-on” is the other option.
17. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received and savoured?
Someone said I looked 24 so I’ll take that
18. What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will?
How often I break out like a 13 year old boy lmao
19. Are you a creature of habit? Explain.
YES YES YES. I updated to iOS 11 and I’m still lost.
20. Are you high maintenance? Explain.
Lol, no. Literally, the smallest things will make my day. I don’t need… “high maintenance”. Also, to me, that makes me feel superficial. I dunno. I don’t like that phrase. Maintenance to me means that you need fixing to be okay. Frick that.
21. When was the last time you really pushed yourself to your physical limits?
I did a 5k on Friday and wow that was lit
22. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends? Why?
Both! I have a whole lot of acquaintances and a few close friends.
23. Are you more inclined to “build your own empire” or unleash the potential of others?
Why can’t I unleash the power of others in my empire?
24. What’s a strange occurrence you’ve experienced but have never (or rarely) shared with anyone?
Um…. Nothing comes to mind.
25. What do you think about more than anything else?
Sleeping and eating lol
26. What’s something that amazes you?
Myself! I’m still going and kicking ass and I’m damn proud of myself.
27. Do you prefer that people shoot straight with you or temper their words? Why?
I had to Google what “shooting straight” was, but definitely that one. Talk to me! Tell me how you feel about me! Give me your honest opinion.
28. Where’s your favourite place to take an out-of-town guest?
Um. Something touristy I guess.
29. What’s one thing you’d rather pay someone to do than do yourself? Why?
WHY IS EVERYONE PACKING UP IT’S 10:20 THIS LAB ENDS AT 10:30
30. Do you have a catchphrase?
“I dig that” right now probably. I also say “lit” so much I got my boss saying it hahaha
31. What’s your reaction towards people who are outspoken about their beliefs? What conditions cause you to dislike or, conversely, enjoy talking with them?
I don’t know
32. How and where do you prefer to study?
At home in absolute quiet. Sometimes music playing.
33. What position do you sleep in?
I’m a stomach sleeper.
34. What’s your all-time favourite town or city? Why?
Boulder, Colorado. Man, it’s gorgeous.
35. What are the top three qualities that draw you to someone new?
If they’re funny, if they smile a lot, and if they’re kind.
36. How has your birth order/characteristics of siblings affected you?
Not? My brother is really chill.
37. If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be?
I’d want to be able to work out and get stronger and stuff (and look good) and not hurt.
38. If you could restore one broken relationship, which would it be?
With my (ex?) best friend Erin. She was my best friend from second grade until senior year of high school. Wow.
39. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
40. Do you believe ignorance is bliss? Why or why not?
No. Educate yourself.
41. What do you consider unforgivable?
42. Have you forgiven yourself for past personal failures? Why or why not?
Yeah, you learn from those things.
43. How difficult is it for you to forgive someone who refuses to apologize?
Meh. Most times, apologies don’t mean anything anyway. It’s their actions.
44. Do you hold any convictions that you would be willing to die for?
Deep question up in here. Um, I guess my faith?
45. To what extent do you trust people? Explain.
It depends on the person. People as a whole are untrustworthy. Even some of my friends. But there’s like, three people I’d trust with my life. One is my mom.
46. In what area of your life are you immature?
None, I think. I mean, naive? Sure. Immature? Nah.
47. What was the best news you ever received?
Probably my scholarships???
48. How difficult is it for you to be honest, even when your words may be hurtful or unpopular?
Not difficult at all.
49. When did you immediately click with someone you just met? Why? What was the long term result? Conversely, are you close with anyone now that you really disliked at first?
Probably with Erin in second grade. Little us got along super well. We were best friends until… senior year. And I don’t think so.
50. When do you find yourself singing?
Almost always (I’m annoying sorry)
So there you have it! 50 questions answered about myself right now at age 18. Stay tuned within the next few days to see what other fun things are in store for my blog!