Halloween, Fall, black cats, chilly weather, there’s so many things to love about October. And hey! It’s my birthday this month! Last year I was posting countdowns and baby pictures and senior pictures as a countdown to my 18th birthday.
Now, my 19th birthday isn’t such a big deal. Or, it may not seem like it to many people anyway. But it’s kinda special to me. I’m turning 19 on the 19th and 19 is my favorite number. How much better could it get? It’s going to be a great day.
Lately, life has been pretty good. Last night… wow. Andrew and I laid under the stars for a while and it was fantastic. I’d dreamed of a date like that since I was like, 10. I genuinely felt that life was great… something freshman year of high school me wouldn’t even comprehend. I’d say I’ve got myself together decently well.
Speaking of getting myself together, how’s those goals coming along? My goal for September was to get amazing grades, get a good job, and establish myself. I’d say I met that. School is going great. I got a job! (WOOOO) I’m a student IT assistant. It’s great. And establish myself? I think I did. I’m active in the campus ministries organization- Chi Alpha- and I’ve made a few friends (lookin’ at you, Isabel. You better not skip class for Netflix again).
Do I have goals for October? You bet. I have a few!
- Be healthier. Eat less carbs and less dairy. Work out more.
- Save money.
- Sleep more.
- Find a routine.
Okay. Well. It’s October and it’s going to be great.
Oooooh, I haven’t measured my yearly goals in a while. Let’s do that real quick.
My Goals for 2017 Were:
- Love myself and be happy. Do things because they’ll make me happy.
- Go to college and study where and what I want.
- Achieve at least C/Lt Col in the Civil Air Patrol
- Learn to stay calm and manage emotions, as well as being able to express these to others. (This one may not make sense to you as the reader, but it does to me. I’ve already started working on it!)
- Learn something new. Whether this is learning a new language, something about computers, anything.
- Make money. Save money. (Already working on the saving money! #AdventureFund)
- Stay hydrated. All year.
- Read my whole James Patterson series.
- Write more. (Whether this is blogging, letters, cards, journaling, it’s going to happen!)
How are they going?
- I mean, damn. Yeah. I’m happy.
- I’m in college, baby.
- This one’s physically impossible with dates and time in grade now. But that’s okay- we’re looking at January 2018 now. I achieved Cadet Major and I’m pretty damn proud of that.
- I’m…. a work in progress.
- I’m learning a lot about leadership these days. I’m learning even more about myself. But am I also learning learning? Yeah. I know binary now. Like, I grasp it so well. So yeah. I’m learning new things.
- #AdventureFund is coming along decently. There’s like $100 in there. And I got paid for the first time on Friday- $91.01. It’s lit.
- Ensure you are hydrating and drinking water.
- Ugh, I’m still on the same book I was on in like, May lmao.
- Yeah, that’s a thing. Planning a trip in December as I’m typing this!
- I guess so too. (College note-taking is writing, right? ha).
So there we have it. Goals. They’re.. uh… coming along. Yeah.
Well, I’m going to go plan and eat a croissant. It’s a damn good croissant.
Keep your head up and strive for greatness.