Happy Birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday dear E, happy birthday to me!
Oh hey look, that rhymed. This blog post, I’ll be answering some “writing prompts” about myself. The first day I’m 19. These prompts were really targeted at kids, but hey. That’s all good.
- What is something you are good at doing? Anything to do with technology or computers. My job is pretty great.
- What is your favorite color and why? I always say I don’t have a favorite color. Or black. I guess I like black because it goes with anything. I also really like the combination of yellow and purple because it makes my mom happy. They really are happy colors. Red is also pretty cool, because it looks good on me. Recently I’ve been getting more into pink, too. I have this really cute lipstick called “divine wine” and it’s a super cute color pink.
- What is the story behind your name? Emanuel, and Queen Esther from the Bible!
- Which country do you want to visit and why? All of them. I also really want to go to Paris, France. It just seems beautiful. It’s so romanticized in today’s society, so why not?
- What is your favorite cartoon? I don’t really watch TV. Tom and Jerry is pretty cool. The one episode of Rick and Morty I watched was also 10/10.
- What do you want to be when you grow up and why? I want to work in a technology field. Tech support, networking, cyber security.
- What is your favorite thing about school? My Society, Culture, and the Digital Sciences professor is a great guy. I think the best thing about college so far though is the flexibility and mutual respect that everyone has for everyone, especially my classes with a majority of older students. The other freshmen are kind of annoying and immature, but that’s okay. They will learn.
- What one thing do you want to change about your school? I. HATE. ONLINE. CLASSES. So yeah, no more online classes. And maybe ditch Blackboard for something that actually, I don’t know, functions.
- What is your favorite season and why? FALL. Because it’s just great. Why not? It’s the perfect temperature, the leaves are beautiful, there’s bonfires and coziness and friends and corn mazes and my birthday and fall is just perfect.
- What would you like to invent and why? Something better than Blackboard lol (jk, maybe teleportation).
- Where do you want to travel to as a kid? As a teenager? As an adult? As a kid, I always wanted to go to Paris. As a teenager, I still had that Paris dream. I guess I still would like to go to Paris, but I also really want to do a super basic road trip through all the states. Yanno, drive to Hawaii and stuff.
- Where do you want to live as an adult? In a house with no debt.
- What is your favorite food? Describe it in detail. My favorite food? In detail? Quite possibly Arby’s Roast Beef sandwich. The classic one. It’s delicious. They have the meat.
- What are you scared of and why? Spiders, because they’re gross. Finding spiders in my shoes, because that’s more gross. NOT finding spiders in my shoe (and them being there), because that’s terrible (these all stem from something someone told me in second grade thanks Mrs.Reyes). Lastly, burning alive. That one’s obvious.
- Write about your very best friend. He’s a great guy and the editor of this blog. He’ll probably point out at least three typos in this post alone. He’s pretty smart and has taught me so much about technology and networking and yeah. Hi Alex.
- What is the color of your room? Describe the things in it. Beige. There’s an American flag on the wall in between my side and Megan’s. On my side, there’s my bed. My bed has a purple blanket and a giant teddy bear that Andrew bought me (it’s super cute and usually gets kicked off my bed while I’m asleep).
- Write about your pet animal. My pet animal? Megan has a cat named Abby and she’s an asshole sometimes, but a very cute one. She likes to lay on my face when I’m talking to people. There’s also George, my bunny, back in the Netherlands. I miss my floof.
- Write about which pet you want but do not have. I want more buns. And a German Shepard Dog.
- What is your favorite holiday and why? Halloween because Fall.
- Describe the night you _______________ and what happened. Wait what? Huh? This must be some kind of secret kid code that I’m too old for. Skip!
- Design a tree house for yourself and describe what you will do in it. Networking paradise. It’d be fully enclosed and super cold all the time. I’d run multiple servers and just yeah. A fiber connection to a tree house isn’t too much of a stretch, right? Maybe I’ll just put up a hammock…
- What is your favorite dress/outfit and why? I bought today’s outfit last night at Hot Topic and I’m in love. It’s a dress that has a galaxy/space print (and supposedly glows in the dark). I’m wearing black tights with it and my black boots. My necklace is the Libra star symbol.
- What is your biggest dream for your future? To be successful and have enough money to be able to spend what I want when I want and to have lots of time to do what makes me happy. Oh, and to have a good job that I enjoy, of course.
- Ten interesting things about you are…
- Today is my birthday
- I was born at 11:12 on a Monday
- I’m from the Netherlands
- My first car was named Steve. He was a green 1998 Ford Escort.
- There’s a server in my apartment
- There’s a (mounted) deer head in the passenger seat of my car, a bunch of networking cables on the floor, and a Christmas tree in the backseat. There’s currently no room for anyone to sit in my car.
- My brother and I share a birthday, and my grandmother and her brother share a birthday.
- I broke my ankle and growth plate in 5th grade from playing hide-and-seek. I was in a wheelchair for a while. I then re-injured it at basic encampment for Civil Air Patrol in 2014. They carried me from class to class until I got crutches. I borrowed a staff member’s. They then found a wheelchair for me to use at the Air Force Museum. I got the nickname of “Princess Wheels”. Kat pushed me around the museum and it was great.
- I actually *really* like singing. I used to think I was good at it. I was in choir for all of middle school and I wasn’t in high school because of scheduling. I used to practice with the church worship team in high school. I don’t know if I’m actually good, but I like singing.
- The earliest birthday I remember was my bear birthday party, when I think I turned three. I had a bunch of people over and they all got these little bears with long arms and Velcro on the hands so they could hold themselves up. I still have mine.
- What makes you happy? My birthday! I’ve been in a super great mood all day.
- What makes you sad? When other people are upset or sad.
I’m also real quick going to touch on my music taste! I’ll be using YouTube this time though, unlike my post titled “Where Words Fail, Music Speaks” from January.
What song is playing right now? The USC Trojan Marching Band playing “The Kids Aren’t Alright” by the Offspring on the Navy Pier in Chicago.
My YouTube history is all sorts of random at the moment. The USC Trojan Marching Band playing “You’re Gonna Go Far Kid”, The YouTuber Denis’s intro music, “Poke and Destroy” by the Presidents, “The Nights” by Avicii, and “Hopes and Dreams” from the Undertale soundtrack. Obviously there’s more than that, but that about sums it up.
There’s not much else fun to blog about. My last night as an 18-year-old was fun. I raced someone (oops) (I won’t be doing that again) (I lost), went to Chick-Fil-A, and spent too much at Hot Topic.
Today I had Computer Science in the morning, and now I’m at work. Work’s been fun. I updated some computers (yay feature updates that take like 2 hours) and fixed some tech support stuff for a coworker. Tonight, Andrew is coming up and we’ll probably go to Chi Alpha. It’s been a good day. ALSO, THIS DRESS HAS POCKETS AND I LOVE IT.
I’m gonna go do a bit of homework now before work ends. Oh, that reminds me. @ whoever spilled coffee in the conference room on the second floor, I will find you. Mice aren’t supposed to be sticky.
Alright. Really though. I’m going to go do some homework. I’ll blog again later!
“I like to think of myself like a lion. Strong. Fierce. An over-comer. Yet, gentle. Because, everyone sees some shit in life. But, it gets better. As stereotypical as that may sound. Really… Everyone can find their lion. My inspiration just happened to… actually be a lion.”