Someone slap me; that wasn’t even a good pun.
Well, I was going to blog in a timely manner this month. I suppose August 2nd isn’t the worst I could’ve done. My laptop keeps overheating and being a general pain in the neck, which is rather ironic for a digital sciences major to be honest.
This past month has been incredible. I had the once in a lifetime experience of releasing rehabilitated seals. I got to drive a boat. I found out some amazing news- my first semester of college is fully paid for by scholarships! I was super excited to learn that. I can’t wait for college. July was pretty freaking amazing, and I know August will be just as good.
There will absolutely be a post about seal releasing. It was such an amazing day. I can’t even put it into words right now. Super shout-out to the Zeehondencreche in Pieterbuten for that opportunity. I can’t wait to post all about it.
But let’s see. This year is going ridiculously fast. It’s the eight month of the year and I don’t know how I feel about that. I’m about to be living in an apartment I signed the lease on. I’ll have a roommate, a friend and Spaatz cadet from CAP. We’ll have a cat. I’m about to be an adult. College is starting so soon. I can’t wait, but I’d be lion if I said I wasn’t nervous. I’m going to miss my family like hell, and I’m so thankful that they’ve been nothing but supportive and encouraging me on my journey to be the first to get a degree in my family. The first to even go to college. That feels so incredibly amazing.
I know I’ll have to work my ass off, but I’m ready. I have the most amazing friends, family, and boyfriend I could ask for. I’m going to make them all proud. I’m going to show everyone that doubted me who I am. I am a lion.
My July goals were kind of lame, but I kept up with them. I can actually do push-ups now, so hey. There’s a plus. I’m curious to see where I am on my year goals. Let’s review!
- Love myself and be happy. Do things because they’ll make me happy.
- Go to college and study where and what I want.
- Achieve at least C/Lt Col in the Civil Air Patrol
- Learn to stay calm and manage emotions, as well as being able to express these to others. (This one may not make sense to you as the reader, but it does to me. I’ve already started working on it!)
- Learn something new. Whether this is learning a new language, something about computers, anything.
- Make money. Save money. (Already working on the saving money! #AdventureFund)
- Stay hydrated. All year.
- Read my whole James Patterson series.
- Write more. (Whether this is blogging, letters, cards, journaling, it’s going to happen!)
- Yeah. This one’s going. Most days, I love my body. This one’s going.
- Hell. Yes.
- This one might not be realistic due to the requirement of attending Cadet Officer School or a Region Cadet Leadership School, but I’ll be a Cadet Major on the first day of college! I’ll be a major starting my major. Ha. Thanks for that pun, mom.
- This one’s a work-in-progress.
- I know like, three Russian words and more German than I did a month ago? I learned a lot at CDTA? I’m wayyy too familiar with the Public Affairs Regualtions for CAP?
- I mean. Yeah. I saved hella money on college this semester. And there was the $0.81 I made in interest on my savings account!
- I’m working on that. *eyes water bottle*
- Still. On. Book. Thirteen. Traveling really killed my vibe.
- Yeah, I’m so sick of that international flight. And Germany is cool.
- Hi, I’m writing (and I mean, I wrote to study for my tests for C/Maj so there’s that).
I guess I’m only going to set one goal for August:
Whatever you do, do it with passion and to the best of your ability.
This can apply to so much, and I can’t wait to show the world who I am. I won’t give up. I’m not going to be just a nobody. Mark my words.
Alright y’all. Thank you for reading. You guys are fantastic.
Smile, you’re awesome. Take some time today to think about how far you’ve come and how you’d make your younger self proud. Be someone you would be looked up to as a child.
P.S. I untangled a slinky this past week and that would’ve made younger me so proud. That’s all I wanted to be able to do in life. Little things. It’s the little things.