It’s me again, your procrastinating blogger person. Maybe I should make one of my goals to actually set goals. Something something.. yeah. And yes, I know it’s not May Day. Lame jokes, anyone? OoOh look, a GIF!
You better have pronounced that juh-if. Not guh-if. It’s like the peanut butter, people. Speaking of which, random fact about me: I strongly dislike peanut butter. Enough of that though, the real reason I’m here is those goals I told myself I’d set every month.
//That GIF is really distracting and I love the colors
These things were my April Goals:
- Advance in the Civil Air Patrol. Whether this is finishing my CyberPatriot Curriculum, PT, Testing, SDAs, Conference Planning, or CDTA, or even something else. Keep going.
- Be organized. Take care of stuff. Mail, laundry, the whole nine yards.
- Move. Like… physically. Don’t be a potato. I’m not a potato. Potatoes can’t ride bikes.
I’d say I met all of these goals. CDTA is coming together finally, the conference hasn’t killed me yet, and I’m communicating with people I don’t know on a daily basis. I’m pretty organized; my email inboxes are constantly kept up with… but my laundry is a different story. The word “chairdrobe” is an accurate representation of how my organization goal went. But hey… We all know the chair, right? And I did move. Somewhere mid-April I got a weird motivational phase, and for about two weeks I worked out and kept at it. It’s become a little more irregular now, but I still am. I’d just like to say how much my shins hurt the first few days. Holy cow. I suppose I’m glad I’m moving now, so i don’t have to feel that when I am forced to move again.
We’re exactly a third of the way through 2017, so let’s take a look at my 2017 Goals.
- Love myself and be happy. Do things because they’ll make me happy. I’d say this one’s coming along. I’m at the point where I like my body, I think.
- Go to college and study where and what I want. OOOOhh this one’s starting to come together so well.
- Achieve at least C/Lt Col in the Civil Air Patrol. We’re getting there.
- Learn to stay calm and manage emotions, as well as being able to express these to others. (This one may not make sense to you as the reader, but it does to me. I’ve already started working on it!) Kind of maybe sort of
- Learn something new. Whether this is learning a new language, something about computers, anything. I did Duolingo for a few weeks and learned a limited amount of Russian. I’ve also learned some stuff about cryptography thanks to CDTA. There is so much more to learn.
- Make money. Save money. (Already working on the saving money! #AdventureFund) This isn’t going too badly… but having to pay for the conference I’m planning was kinda ugh.
- Stay hydrated. All year. This has been up and down… *glances at the pineapple juice on my nightstand*
- Read my whole James Patterson series. Just started book 12 WHAT’S UP
- Travel. This one’s happening super soon.
- Write more. (Whether this is blogging, letters, cards, journaling, it’s going to happen!) I’m still doing these goal things, somehow. And posts in between. And I journaled a little.
I guess 2017 isn’t going too badly, if you strictly look at the goals. It’s a nice outlook, and I’m super glad that I’ve been half keeping up with the monthly ones too.
Oh… Speaking of months.. and April… April the Giraffe had her calf! Meet baby Tajiri. He’s a super cute baby boy giraffe. Shout-out to Animal Adventure Park for this adorable photo of April and baby g. April’s caregiver Allysa, named baby g Tajiri after “Allysa’s Choice” won the naming contest. “Tajiri” means hope in Swahili, and I think that’s just the cutest thing. It’s a lovely name.
I’m going to quickly set some May goals so I can get to bed.
- Start the process to get my Dutch driver’s license
- Be calm
- Be organized
- BE HAPPY
The month of May is bringing a lot of new adventures, and I just can’t wait.
Follow your dreams. Always.