Beware the Ides of March! Cinco de Mayo! Daylight Savings Time! Pi Day! St. Patrick’s Day!
I also totally just learned that March was the first month in Roman times. You know, that totally explains why SEPTember is “7”, OCTOber is “8”, and DECember is “10”. Epiphanies are fun.
So, something something February went fast and let’s review the goals! (From this post)
My Goals for February 2017
- Make a physical schedule. Use paper, a whiteboard, anything. Write down when what trash needs taken out. Write down important times, such as when my brother needs picked up from school. Write down my plan for a daily schedule; wake up at a set time, shower, participate in life, do the dishes nightly, etc.
- Go for bike rides.
- Talk more Dutch. Become comfortable. Perfect Dutch grammar.
- Work out most-daily. Do at least 40 sit-ups at some point in the day.
- Practice cornet at least three times a week.
- Become more organized. Find sticky notes and routinely check my to do list. This one sort of ties into Goal 1.
- Do my hair and nails more often.
- Clean my worn earrings more often.
- Continue eating healthy.
- Keep my room clean.
Let’s break it down and see how it went.
- I used my whiteboard and made a schedule. I wrote my to-do list on it, and I actually did it. I made a phone call I’d been dreading, and I’d say goal one went well.
- My bike is one with the shed. I will disturb it if I remove it now.
- I have talked more Dutch. I’ve gone grocery shopping by myself, and ordered food, and talked about band stuff. I’d say I accomplished the talking more. Perfecting the grammar might take a while, though.
- The first week I did this, but then I got sick and I just wasn’t having it. I miserably failed at this goal.
- I took it out of its case once? But I did listen to the music. That’s a step.
- I DID GOAL SIX I FOUND STICKY NOTES AND EVERYTHING
- I’d say I accomplished this goal. I’m actually putting my hair in a pony tail and stuff now and not just letting it hang everywhere. So.
- Yep. I clean them almost nightly.
- I really just need to eat more and on a schedule. My eating habits are a wreck.
- Shhhh. It’s the laundry room. No one has to know it’s actually a bedroom. (No really, other than the two piles of laundry, it’s clean).
I’d say February went alright. I did a lot of stuff I’d been putting off. I did stuff I was nervous about. I even completed another promotion in the Civil Air Patrol. I started off watching a lot of NCIS, but then I started reading more. I’m almost finished with book three of the James Patterson series from my 2017 Goals. Hydration has been going well also, I just can’t slack off now.
So now, the moment I’ve also kind of been procrastinating. March goal setting. I’m really running out of ideas. This seemed a lot easier in January when I had a bunch of big plans and all that for the new year. Let’s try anyway.
My Goals for March 2017
- Call the driving school and schedule a drive. Follow through with it.
- Exercise more. Whether this is push-ups, sit-ups, biking, walking, running, even the exercise ball. DO IT.
- Keep up on my laundry.
- Procrastinate less.
- Regularly run the vacuum cleaner in the whole house (including my room/the attic).
- Keep my desk and night stands clean and organized.
- Keep my whiteboard updated and follow through with things written on sticky notes.
- Write things down right away, such as dreams or groceries we need. Do not forget them.
This is a relatively short post because I’m exhausted, even though it’s 2:50 p.m.
I promised my brother he could play Scrap Mechanic, so I guess I’m handing over my laptop, as well. Let’s hope for a marvelous March. I’ll post again soon.