February is the second month of the year in the Julian and Gregorian calendars. It is the shortest month of the year as it is the only month to have a length of less than 30 days.
And here we are, the first day of February is upon us.
January was an interesting month. It feels like it went by like *snaps fingers* that. Speaking of January… Let’s review the goals I set in this post.
My Goals for January 2017
- Find a routine. A schedule. A purpose. Normalize my sleep.
- Eat healthier.
- Walk/bike more. I won’t put running, because I know myself too well for that and I likely won’t run in January. But- if I get in the habit of going for a walk, who knows what February will hold!
- Clean up my room and hang up my framed belongings.
- Find a job.
- Keep my email organized.
- Learn to drive in the Netherlands.
- Become comfortable interacting with other people in Dutch.
- Wear clothes because I like them, not because I want to fit in. (Honestly, I think I can add a scarf to ANYTHING and I’ll fit in…)
- Overcome my hatred for odd numbered lists. (Okay, this one won’t really happen. But, it’s a pleasant thought)
So… How did I do? Well…
- I had a routine for about a week. I slept normally for about 4 days of the entire month. I guess it could’ve been worse, but I didn’t exactly meet the goal.
- I think I could say I achieved this goal. I started eating breakfast on those days I had a routine. I ate bananas and mandarin oranges as a snack. I made my own trail mix.
Yeah, some days I slacked off- but I can confirm I ate healthier overall.
- One word: ICE. Riding your bike over ice is… hell. So no, I didn’t ride my bike. I did walk a bit more though. It’s not necessarily a habit, but walking isn’t so bad.
- Clean my room? Check. Hang up stuff? SOMEONE BUY ME A DRILL.
- Eh. Sorta. I’m getting paid for things. Like playing solos at a nursing home and restoring computers. So.
- Sort of. I wouldn’t mind it if I had a car that wasn’t a nightmare to shift into first gear.
- I wouldn’t say I’m as comfortable as in English, but it’s getting better!
- This one’s going alright. I still feel awkward wearing sweatpants because I feel like nobody in this country ever wears sweatpants.
- Ha, that’s a joke.
To summarize: January was a “sort of” kind of month. I did watch a LOT of NCIS. Like, dang. It should be a crime how many episodes of NCIS I’ve watched. I’ve also spent WAY too much time with a chicken on a raft.
My 2017 goals are going well, though! I’m decently happy, I did my SDA for my next promotion in CAP (okay I haven’t taken the tests yet but…), I’m usually pretty calm (except for when my patience is tested; oops), I’m hydrated as heck… 11 months to keep that up, I’ve almost finished 1st to Die, and I’ve blogged a decent amount. Holy run-on sentence *breathes*.
So, now it’s time to think of some goals for February.
My Goals for February 2017
- Make a physical schedule. Use paper, a whiteboard, anything. Write down when what trash needs taken out. Write down important times, such as when my brother needs picked up from school. Write down my plan for a daily schedule; wake up at a set time, shower, participate in life, do the dishes nightly, etc.
- Go for bike rides.
- Talk more Dutch. Become comfortable. Perfect Dutch grammar.
- Work out most-daily. Do at least 40 sit-ups at some point in the day.
- Practice cornet at least three times a week.
- Become more organized. Find sticky notes and routinely check my to do list. This one sort of ties into Goal 1.
- Do my hair and nails more often.
- Clean my worn earrings more often.
- Continue eating healthy.
- Keep my room clean.
Hopefully February goes well. It started decently… I slept all day. *nervous chuckle* so much for January Goal 1. I am actually going to try to sleep, though. As soon as NCIS is over, that is. :p I’m on the episode “Homefront”. I miss Ziva… and I’m not quite used to Bishop yet. NCIS LA has also really grown on me.
Anyway… enjoy a picture of my beautiful view. As usual, thanks for reading. Onto a fantastic February! If this month goes as fast as January did… wow. It’ll be 2018 in no time.
Be somebody nobody thought you could be.