Well, here we are. We are approaching the end of the first week of 2017.
2017. MMXVII. Twothousandseventeen. 2k17. There’s plenty of ways to refer to the year of the rooster. However, we can all agree on one thing. It’s new, and it’s here for 365 days.
Some people make “New Year’s Resolutions”. Some people believe in the philosophy of “New Year, New Me”. Personally, I’m not a fan of any of those things. To those of you who do, good luck, you can do it, you’re great.
For me: I’m going to try something new. Goal setting!
Okay, okay, so maybe it’s kind of like a new year’s resolution. But, there’s a catch. Goals can be made at any time. Goals can be long term and short term.
I’ll be posting my monthly goals and updates from the past month in the first week of every month.In the last week of 2017, I’ll be summarizing. But- we’ll get there. One day, one week, one month at a time.
I’ll start my goals with my 2017 goals. Here we go.
My Goals for 2017
- Love myself and be happy. Do things because they’ll make me happy.
- Go to college and study where and what I want.
- Achieve at least C/Lt Col in the Civil Air Patrol
- Learn to stay calm and manage emotions, as well as being able to express these to others. (This one may not make sense to you as the reader, but it does to me. I’ve already started working on it!)
- Learn something new. Whether this is learning a new language, something about computers, anything.
- Make money. Save money. (Already working on the saving money! #AdventureFund)
- Stay hydrated. All year.
- Read my whole James Patterson series.
- Write more. (Whether this is blogging, letters, cards, journaling, it’s going to happen!)
Some of these are bigger than others. But to me, they all matter. I’ll post occasional updates here as to how those goals are going. (I swear I had a water bottle around here somewhere…)
Alright. Monthly goals. I’m not making a set number for these, it’ll change depending on the month. Here we go.
My Goals for January 2017
- Find a routine. A schedule. A purpose. Normalize my sleep.
- Eat healthier.
- Walk/bike more. I won’t put running, because I know myself too well for that and I likely won’t run in January. But- if I get in the habit of going for a walk, who knows what February will hold!
- Clean up my room and hang up my framed belongings.
- Find a job.
- Keep my email organized.
- Learn to drive in the Netherlands.
- Become comfortable interacting with other people in Dutch.
- Wear clothes because I like them, not because I want to fit in. (Honestly, I think I can add a scarf to ANYTHING and I’ll fit in…)
- Overcome my hatred for odd numbered lists. (Okay, this one won’t really happen. But, it’s a pleasant thought)
Allllrighty. I’m going to go finish my NCIS episode (Canary). Apparently it also snowed. Intriguing. Enjoy a picture my mom just sent of the snow! I’m half impressed that it does actually snow here.
It’s a little bit late, but guys, have a happy new year.
Talk Less. Smile More.