As I mentioned in my last blog post, I considered posting happy thoughts. (Side note: I just got distracted trying to find a specific Fetty Wap song that was stuck in my head from sophomore year. I don’t even like rap. I guess I really don’t want to type happy thoughts).
Think happy thoughts.
- Soccer. Soccer was cool today. I taught a ten year old, and she was really cool. It was the first human social interaction I’ve had with someone around my age in two weeks. And she was 10.
- Food- as much as it hurts my stomach and gives me heartburn, it does taste good and I’d missed a bunch of it.
- Healthy. Healthy? Healthy! Bike riding here will help me lose weight or something.
- Uh, well, drinking is legal here at my age… I can make fun of 16-year-olds getting smashed. And that’s about the extent of that one.
- I’m really excited about the house we’re getting. And my room. I get to do it however I want and that’s really awesome.
Oh man- interruption! Just Skyped with my CyberPatriot team and had a Cadet Advisory Council conference call. Now I’m procrastinating on this post…. Don’t believe me, just watch. Crap… now the numbered list starts over. Oh whale. 15 more.
- Family. I love being close to my family.
- I can make money here on my year off from school.
- I get to play with big boy cameras here. That one’s fun. Shout-out to my grandfather.
- I haven’t gotten a mosquito bite here [yet]. That’s a positive.
- My brother is enjoying it. He already has a few friends.
- I have time to write blog posts!
- I get to see things I don’t really remember from when I was 6.
- My cat is here! ♥♥
- It’s fun to go places, and absolutely no one knows you. It’s weird running in to people who recognize you but you don’t recognize them, though.
- This has brought me and some of my friends in the US closer together. I found who my true friends are and who cares about me.
- You can drink tap water without wondering what’s in it (chlorine wise.. or chemical wise… or anything). It’s neat.
- It feels like things are cheaper here. You can go to the grocery store and buy 2 days worth of food and drinks for about 8 Euros. I could be wrong but it feels cheaper. I don’t know. Let me think it.
- I can completely avoid all the asshats in the US here!!
- I can get some cool clothes here. And I already got pants!
- There’s Cat Cafes here. Like literally; Coffee shops with cats.
And, I mean, I have lots of time to plan my return trip in December. And June. Heh…
Well, that was my effort for today’s blog post. It’s 0350 and my chest hurts. Maybe I should sleep.
Good night guys, and keep finding reasons to smile.